Meaningful and lasting change
If your own inherent resilience seems distant, I’ll take the time to build reliable tools with you, so you can return to your own, unique, resilience and vitality.
Focused, gentle, and direct
I am focused, gentle, and direct. Sessions may feel intense and safe at the same time. In session with me, you can expect me to be curious, respectful, and above all non-judgmental. My clients tend to trust me even when they have a hard time trusting others.
Strengthen your resilience and broaden your range of choices
Therapy can be hard work. It takes time and commitment. Creating a new path forward can feel difficult and challenging. Talking about who you are, how you came to be and what you really want takes courage and safety. The goal is to relieve suffering so that you can create lasting and significant changes.
As a fifty-five year old gay male therapist, married for ten years, my academic, personal and professional experiences give me unique perspective, understanding, and compassion. A design and corporate leader for over twenty years, I also have particular insight into the demands and complexities of managing professional and personal relationships, boundaries, as well as, team dynamics.
• Experienced with Alcohol and Sex Addiction, 12 Step Recovery/Harm Reduction
• Certified Group Psychotherapist by the American Group Psychotherapy Association
• Board of Directors: Northern California Group Psychotherapy Association/Membership Chair
• Emotionally Focused Therapy Trained Couples Therapist
• Former: Couples Therapist at the San Francisco Marriage and Couples Center
• Continuing study at the Center for Group Studies in New York City (Modern Analytic Group Psychotherapy)
• Board of Directors, Northern California Group Psychotherapy Society
• Member - California Marriage and Family Therapy Association (CAMFT) and San Francisco CAMFT